Fair Processing Notice
- We respect your personal data and take its security very seriously.
- We only hold what data we need for the purpose for which we obtained it.
- We never share your data with any advertisers.
- We delete your data when it’s no longer required to do our job properly.
- You have privacy rights, and we honour them
- We are happy to answer your questions. Our contact details can be found at the end of this notice.
We don’t actively collect data on you, as a visitor to our site. We do have a few systems which log data about visitors for security and statistical uses. This data is collected by pretty much every website out there – whether you know it or not. We’ve got nothing to hide so here’s what we collect.
Analytics are a way of seeing how people are using a website – data like which pages are being visited, what browser you are using or what buttons people like to click on.
The data is anonymous (we use the anonymise IP function, for those interested) and we don’t use it to monetise, track or profile you in any way.
Any online application or website is at risk of being hacked. We use a variety of security techniques to ensure our website is a safe place to visit. Some of those tools log IP addresses, or other information similar to that collected by analytics. IP addresses are like the street names of the internet, and can show actual, real-world locations. These IP addresses can be checked against known lists which record known spammers, and automatically block them from using our site. These IPs can be recorded in logs, which are cleared at sensible intervals (no more than 60 days). Some of these process are managed by external services – which are safe and secure. See Your data and the EEA below.
It’s difficult, and frankly not very interesting for us to look at those IP addresses, but if you do try to hack our site we do get a notification. So if you really don’t want us to see your IP address, don’t try to hack us.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Click here for a full list of the cookies our site uses.
Your data and the EEA
We don’t transfer your data anywhere, but we need to specifically tell you that we do not transfer or process these data outside the European Economic Area – the area covered by the GDPR regulations.
We do use third party services to process some of the data outlined above – and some of these may be outside the GDPR. These are vetted an either have specific data protections policies, or, on the whole, are part of Privacy Shield (a sort of framework to make sure some areas outside the GDPR comply to standards).
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- To access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.To request that we erase your personal data if:we no longer need it;
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- To restrict our processing of your personal data if it is based upon legitimate interest.
- To object to our processing if our processing is based upon legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out automated means.
- If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details at the end of this notice.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
Venn Creative is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Unit 28, Kernick Industrial Estate
Penryn TR10 9EP